× Have an idea or suggestion about the production of cars or their distribution towards the regions in the game? Let them be hear here.

Management staff options

More
4 years 10 months ago #1 by Pie and Chips
It would be good to have an option to assign an AI to various tasks, including factory worker distribution/hiring and parts/cars shipping. Of course, they would have a monthly salary that would reflect someone in thier position and the option not to hire them would also be there so that you could save money and still do it yourself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by Justwatching
Tricky one that. The difficulty would be in aligning the AI to your company goals. Unless the AI understands what your priorities are and where you want the company to go, it would likely make infuriating decisions. Unless of course you tell it what to do, but that would defeat the point of automation, no? I also consider distribution, hiring staff, changing production arrangements, volumes etc., as a core part of the game play. Without it you'd just be watching numbers change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murray

More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by Pie and Chips
I guess it would simply be a calculation of your monthly demand and it would automatically hire/fire workers, if available, to cope with the demand. The shipping would automatically calculate how much of each part/car needs to be shipped to a certain area. But it may be difficult with more than one factory producing the same car/part, unless it could take those into consideration too, giving preference to factories supplying their own regions first. And, of course, you don't have to hire this AI anyway, so you could still do all of that yourself if you wanted to.

More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by Merced
Replied by Merced on topic Management staff options
I must say I'm a bit sceptical towards automating too much in the game, as it would run the danger of turning the game into a watching numbers thingy. I can see the motivation behind it but as a player I've been burned by over-automating myself (anyone remember Master of Orion 3?)

I'll keep it in mind though and I might test it at some point in the inner circle to see if it actually improves the game or takes away from it.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5 by Justwatching
Inner circle you say? How does one become that?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Justwatching. Reason: Key command for smiling face actually makes a laughing face. Weird.

More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by Merced
Replied by Merced on topic Management staff options
Inner Circle is for those who actually work on the game and a special reward for those who support the game financially by buying the Inner Circle package .

More
4 years 10 months ago #7 by Murray
Replied by Murray on topic Management staff options
Oooooooooooooooh

Got to save them pennies.....

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds