Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
You can talk about Cars Incorporated with other users and the game's developer. Post your thoughts or ideas and discuss them. Since it is still under development your ideas might still make it into the final game.

Please be polite and treat others with respect!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Idea's

Idea's 6 years 1 week ago #1

• mika132
  • The Inner Circle
I made this topick is it okay? Here can tell idea for game and i have one:

Button with can delete savegames. It's little think but really usually like me, cos i save almost all the time different name and all save blocks have something. :D

Maybe some warning email if salary is really down and workers go strike mode about 2months later?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Idea's 6 years 1 week ago #2

• Merced
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 91
I made this topick is it okay?

Sure. That's kind of the sense of having a forum. In fact there's a similar topic in the more frequented german section of this board.
Button with can delete savegames. It's little think but really usually like me, cos i save almost all the time different name and all save blocks have something.

That one is on my list, but I didn't get around to adding it yet, but it will come eventually. If you need to delete savegames now you can do the following:

Start => Run or search => Type %appdata% and press the return key.
You should now end up in the folder windows gives your installed programs the right to save their stuff in.
Enter the "Cars Incorporated" directory, then "Savegames"
You will see all savegames as directories there. If you delete a directory here the savegame of the same name will be gone when you start the game again.

Or, if you just ran out of savegames and want to reuse old ones you can just click on one of the existing ones in the Save Game dialog, enter a new name and the old savegame will be replaced (effectivly deleting the old one).
Maybe some warning email if salary is really down and workers go strike mode about 2months later?

It' s a good idea. I might add it when I work on the mail system the next time.

Re: Idea's 5 years 9 months ago #3

• mika132
  • The Inner Circle
i get really good idea. :D

Can you make some list where come all winner? I mean like this:

Racing winners:
1903: Autobuilder
1906: World cars
1907: Autobuilder

and list continue.

And all other things same list. I mean. Best selling cars and most advanced cars.

And i thing that not hard to make.

Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 9 months ago #4

• Merced
  • Developer
Sounds like a good idea.

I'll put it in my list and you might see this in the game soon. Thanks :)

Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #5

• islandcrimp
  • Soapbox builder
I would love to have the option to change the units so i can go by mpg and mph. Don't
know how hard that would be tho.

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #6

• Merced
  • Developer
That option is on my todo-list, I just didn't get around to doing it yet. But it's just a small, easy thing to do that hasn't been done yet because of many other small things to do ;)

I'll try to add it in for you in one of the next releases.

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #7

• islandcrimp
  • Soapbox builder
Great Thanks, I really hope this game kicks off. It doesn't look like you need it but
if you do, I would love to be a beta tester. Let me know if I can help at all. Again I am trying to get the paid version but now just isn't the time for me. One day for sure tho.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by islandcrimp.

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #8

• islandcrimp
  • Soapbox builder
I also had another idea, what if you added a marketing sections in the office. Maybe you spend x amount of money and in a month or so you get feed back on what people would buy the car. maybe have an option and get a number like "20 out of the 100 people asked say they would buy the the Flash." That way you are able to get an idea of what the buying market is like instead of feeling very disconnected.

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #9

• islandcrimp
  • Soapbox builder
Sorry I got another idea the other night, It would be nice to get a history report of how many cars were sold by each company for the current year. so in say September you can see who is in lead for selling cars.

Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #10

• Merced
  • Developer
Well everyone who preorders/prepurchases has full access to the latest released alpha and later beta version, some of these people have already helped iron out some bigger and smaller problems.

As for your ideas: Your idea for the marketing report sounds interesting. I put it on my list for possible features so it might happen.

The hirstory report showing who's in lead is also interesting. I have a lot of statistics planed, but this overview to see who's in the lead for the year is not yet amongst them.

Thanks for the feedback and for hoping the game kicks off :)
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Merced.

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #11

• Merced
  • Developer
islandcrimp wrote:
I would love to have the option to change the units so i can go by mpg and mph. Don't
know how hard that would be tho.

Picking this up:

Works now in the toplist, still have to work it into the other pages but you can expect it in v0.24. I think this is what you wanted!?
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Merced.

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #12

• islandcrimp
  • Soapbox builder
Yea that was exactly what I meant! Looks great. Got my Full version too so I'm ready. :cheer:

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 7 months ago #13

• islandcrimp
  • Soapbox builder
Oh also, how much harder would it be to make the auto save every month vs every year? I know it would make the save seem redundant but it sure does stink when my computer crashes in August haha.

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 5 months ago #14

• Merced
  • Developer
I've updated the game to v0.24. Now you can change the units in the game and the savegames happen every 3 months now. Have fun :-)

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Idea's 5 years 5 months ago #15

• islandcrimp
  • Soapbox builder
Great! I Love it, Thanks again.

Re: Idea's 5 years 5 months ago #16

• Merced
  • Developer
Glad you like it. Please remember to report any problems or oddities, especially related to the measurements.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Merced.

Re: Idea's 5 years 2 months ago #17

• maged1984
  • The Inner Circle
Hello,
The game is really great, I decided to buy it after 15 min of playing, good game, please find below list of ideas after playing the full game for a while:

Sorry for the big list but this is because I'm a big fan :-)

1- in factories, we don't care about number of workers in specific production line, but we care about produced units per line, so we should change the units needed not the workers using plus and minus buttons.

2- Plus and minus buttons are very laggy and slow, there must be more modern way to change numbers with smooth effect.

3- We need option to re arrange the production lines.

4- if i put same engine with same chassis on diff bodies, the logic says that lower weight body will have higher speed, but that is not what happening every time. what is the factors.

5- The known factors that affect the car speed is the engine size and body weight, and the known factors that affect car handling is chassis generation type. what does other elements have effect on these items, like wheel size, wheelbase length, car width, car length, car height. or they don't have any effect. what also affect consumption beside engine size.

6- why logo size on car hood sucks. it should be smaller, really smaller like real life.

7- In research and development, I recommend to have different tasks for the engineers, so I can choose to assign them in developing new body or engine. or I can choose to assign them for researching new engine technology. then you should make the new technologies related to the year and the research.

8- I should have 3 types of personnel in my factory. Workers to work in production lines. engineers for research and development. and sales men where I should send them to different locations to know what each location market demand. plus he can help in identifying the expected sales for a specific car in specific location.

9- Race results should be in list view, same as annual cars competitions.

10- I should know the expected technical details for the car (Like its speed) before I sign to move it from prototype ti production. I also expect a detailed technical specs about car and its performance. which is an output of car design and parts.

11- The factors I care about when releasing a new car are its speed, seats, trunk capacity and consumption only. you should add the handling, damping and brakes to the list (currently written as chassis specs only). you should add interior space, interior quality, acceleration, safety, comfort, noise, and others

12- In research, I should research bodies, engines, chassis, wheels, brakes, interior, safety and multimedia (radio, cd, dvd ....).

13- The annual report that shows most sold car shows very high numbers for sales which is very hard to beat.

14- racing system should be enhanced, like having 3 races with specific limits for every race. engine size for example.

Idea's 5 years 2 months ago #18

• Merced
  • Developer
Hello and welcome to the forum :-)

Thanks for the compliments. It's always great to have fans ;-)

About your ideas:

1 - You're not the first to ask for setting the desired number of cars produced instead of the workers assigned, so it's already on my to do list. I will add an option the next time I tweak the factory page.

2 - If by "laggy and slow" for the plus and minus buttons you mean the slight flicker at the end of pressing it than that's a slight UI issue that will probably get fixed in the media update (v0.60) when the UI receives a lot of work anyways.
If you mean that it takes to long in the beginning than that is a timing issue, as the game waits a set amount of time before accepting a continually pressed mouse key as several inputs (otherwise these settings would skyrocket uncontrollably). Starting with v0.30 a new game menu will be added that I will fill with lots of small settings over time. Since you mentioned this I might just add a setting for these wait timers.
If you mean something else, please elaborate.

3 - Noted. I'll keep it in mind when I next work on the factory screen.

4 - The speed has a modifier based on the body type which is supposed to replace the non-existent air-resistance. Some body types (like sports cars) get a bonus, others like pick-ups a penalty. This might be what you are experiencing. This also might be different in v0.30 - but I haven't looked at the speed calculation for v0.30 yet.

5 - So far certain values come strictly from one part (e.g. handling which is the same for the car as for the chassis) while others depend on mixtures (e.g. speed is as you said based on total weight and engine power). Some body features are strictly cosmetical or will just influence what type your car is classed as (an example is the size of the wheels which only serves to make SUVs and is strictly cosmetical otherwise).
The components update v0.30 will be a major revamp on how cars work with most things you do resulting in some sort of bonus or penalty. Even strictly cosmetical changes can change the number of sales because of what customers in certain age groups, income groups or countries like or dislike.
Overall cars will work a little bit like an RPG character. You will see once v0.30 is done.

6 - Noted. There will be some changes in v0.30 regarding the logo. Some really cool stuff as well if I get everything right ;-)

7 - Again a topic for the future v0.30. The revamp of how cars work also affects the science screen (as that is where you put cars together). There will be researchable parts and technologies. A technology (e.g. engine tech level 3) or part (e.g. mirrors) will be available for research at a pre-defined point in time or up to 5 years earlier if you completed a lot of research in that area.
You can set your engineers to research these techs or improve or develop bodies, chassis or engines.
I believe that is pretty much what you meant!?

8 - The sales people you suggest won't happen as personnel. Instead there will be reports that you can pay an expert for to generate that basically covers the informations you mentioned.

9 - Please elaborate. The race results already use the same display the end of year awards use, so I think I don't get what you mean here.

10 - Again, there will be a lot of changes in that regard in v0.30, including estimates of a cars speed. Definite results will still only be available after you signed as that is the point where the actual prototype is constructed and tested.

11 - Again, a lot will change in that regard in v0.30. New values will include acceleration, safety and comfort. There will also be a sofrt of interior room value, still need to figure that one out. Interior quality was not yet on the table but I could add that as a quality setting similar to the production quality for starters. Noise might be an option for later, but in the timeframe of v0.30 (1895-1950) the noise a car produced are relatively unimportant.

12 - The setup for v0.30 will be Body, Engine, Chassis, Components as research categories with components having all the small extras in them (wheels, mirrors, radio, etc)

13 - That depends on your playstyle. You can beat them if you up your production enough and - more importantly - sell worldwide, as that is what the AI does. The cars themselves come from earlier games I played, the AI does not change them.
v0.30 will bring in a new AI based on the changed cars, so things will probably turn out different then.

14 - Different race types were planned for v0.25 but where dropped for now due to time issues. They will probably be added in one of the 0.3x version.

The Indiegogo campaign could have helped to prevent this sort of time limits for me in the future, but now I will have to rely on rising sales to get there. So tell your friends or use the affiliate test and promote the game ;-)

Thanks for all the feedback. As you can see a lot of your wishes are already on my plate for v0.30, some minor wishes have been added to my list.

Keep following the facebook page or check the homepage from time to time to know when v0.30 is ready.

Re: Idea's 5 years 2 months ago #19

• Merced
  • Developer
Sorry, I forgot:

2 - You can also click on numbers directly instead of using plus and minus and enter them directly if you like.

Re: Idea's 5 years 2 months ago #20

• maged1984
  • The Inner Circle
Many thanks for your reply

2- I meant the UI issue, I wish it can be updated soon.

4- So what is the factors that decide body type, can you give list of types available as a tutorial.

5- I recommend to list what items have effect of which factor as a part of tutorial or guide. especially when you update this effect in later stages.

7- Exactly

8- That is enough to make me happy

9- I mean both of them should have list view instead of the current view.

Good luck in your game
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds